July 5, 2015
Pastor Adam Christiansen
What a joy and privilege to preach God’s word today. My time of preparation was extremely nourishing and my hope is that the sermon was for you. Here are a few questions to help guide your conversation in group this week. I pray that you would have fruitful time together, reminding each other that your sins are forgiven and you are righteous in the eyes of God!
1. Discuss the statement, “God is righteous and we are not.” What does this mean to you?
2. How would you define sin? Do you believe that God is the most offended party when you sin?
3. Do you think that God is just? What would a world with perfect justice look like to you?
4. Why is God’s justification important?
5. What kind of expectations do you put on yourself? Are you able to meet those expectations? If not, how does that make you feel?
6. Read through Romans 5:6-11. How does this passage speak to the work of Christ on the Cross? What does reconciliation with God look like?